This Is A Custom Widget

This Sliding Bar can be switched on or off in theme options, and can take any widget you throw at it or even fill it with your custom HTML Code. Its perfect for grabbing the attention of your viewers. Choose between 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns, set the background color, widget divider color, activate transparency, a top border or fully disable it on desktop and mobile.

This Is A Custom Widget

This Sliding Bar can be switched on or off in theme options, and can take any widget you throw at it or even fill it with your custom HTML Code. Its perfect for grabbing the attention of your viewers. Choose between 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns, set the background color, widget divider color, activate transparency, a top border or fully disable it on desktop and mobile.

Sneffels COPMOBA Chapter is Formed

The COPMOBA Sneffels Chapter held its organizational meeting at Peak to Peak Bicyles on March 6th. Eight people attended the meeting. The group first elected the following members to the local steering committee: Bill Lindler, Gordon Reichard, Rich Durnan, Rod Fitzhugh and Randy Charrette.

 

Other business discussed included:

 

TRAILS PROJECTS

 

A. BLM Land: We cannot build any trail on BLM land until BLM completes its review process. Most of the review was completed last spring, but BLM decided in July of 2011 they must have a Travel Management Plan. We do not expect completion of that TMP until sometime next year at the earliest. Rod Fitzhugh will continue to monitor BLM progress through Julie Jackson and Barb Sharrow. Commissioner Lynn Padget is presently in Washington DC to meet with our Congressional delegates on various items of Ouray County business. We have briefed her fully about status of our project on BLM and she will lobby or delegation to pressure BLM for priority. Jeff Bockes will arrange a debriefing with Lynn when she returns. Jeff has completed a revised map of our proposed trail plan. We will not present that to BLM until first soliciting feedback from BLM about status and progress on the TMP.

 

B. State Lands: The State Park Service has commenced an independent review of the trails we have proposed for the State Park. They have the project on the fast track and expect to have full approval for 5+ miles of single track by late this spring. Construction will likely begin in the early summer. It remains to be seen whether COPMOBA volunteers will assist with the construction, as the Park Service may elect to build the trail entirely with State money paid to professional trail crews. Rich will stay in contact with State personnel about progress on the project and status.

 

FUNDRAISER

 

We scheduled the Second Annual RAT Fest fundraiser for the weekend of June 8th. We have tentatively agreed to schedule the following events:

 

Friday Night: beer and a movie

Saturday: gear swap, live auction, silent auction, live band and beer sales, group rides, cruiser criterium

 

We need to begin publicizing the event a.s.a.p. Randy Charrette will contact Brian Scranton about press releases and other advertising. Randy will work with Jack Rajca and Marisa Murphy to develop a poster design. Jack will generate t-shirt ideas. Marisa, Jack, Bill and Randy will will take the lead in organizing the details of the fundraiser and in soliciting donations of swag for the auction and cash to defer other costs. They will seek assistance from Sara Ballantyne as well. Rod will approach town council about reserving town park for the event. Rod will also request a donation from town council.

 

TRAIL WORK DAY

 

We decided to plan our trail work day for the weekend after the fundraiser. We have several options, including: State Park Lands, maintenance or new trail work in Weaver Park, new trail along Cottonwood Creek. Our first choice would be State land, but they may contract all that to professional crews. Rod will continue working with Town staff on approvals for the Cottonwood Creek project.

 

OTHER MATTERS

 

Bill explained status of the local DEVO (Junior Mt. Bike Development) organization. this year’s program starts May 8 and will continue for 8 weeks. We discussed perhaps bringing project under the auspices of COPMOBA. The group is currently affiliated with Durango Devo’s 501(3)(c) organization and will likely maintain that status at least for the present. We also resolved to create a presence for COPMOBA at other community events by renting booth space at the crafts fair, love your valley, and balloons ‘n vrooms evernts.

 

NEXT MEETING is scheduled for April 4, 6:00pm at Fishbone Graphics in Ridgway.

By | 2012-03-09T19:48:43+00:00 March 7th, 2012|Advocacy, Events|0 Comments

About the Author:

Leave A Comment